- 2 1/4 cups glutinous rice flour
- 2 1/4 cups muscovado or brown sugar
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 cups coconut cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup latik (optional)
- Prepare a plate or round pan that you will use for the kalamay. Start by placing a clean banana leaf over a round pan. Brush some cooking oil or coconut oil on the banana leaf. Set aside.
- Combine coconut milk, coconut cream, water, and glutinous rice flour in a deep cooking pot. Mix well until then texture of the mixture becomes soft. Use wire whisk if necessary.
- Turn the heat on to medium. Gradually stir until the mixture starts to get hot. You will notice that lumps will form, continue to stir until bubbles appear.
- Set the heat to low-medium. Continue to stir for 15 minutes.
- Add sugar. Mix well. Continue to mix for the next 30 to 40 minutes or until the mixture becomes really thick and the color turns dark brown.
- Transfer the thick mixture on the prepared plate or pan. Spread and top with latik. (latik is optional)
- Let it cool for a few minutes. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!
- Remember the ONE while eating.